We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 25 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Traffic Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the smooth and efficient day to day running of the production process. Working closely with the Client Services and Project Management teams to coordinate and traffic all briefs. The Traffic Coordinator effectively plans and manages the workflow across design and development disciplines, ensuring all briefs are appropriately matched with the required skill sets whilst also meeting business and client objectives.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Manages and plans all work through the internal production team
- Manages all communications in and out of the Traffic mailbox
- Proactively liaises with Client Services and Project Management teams to understand client / project resource needs and to communicate resource availability
- Identifies resourcing solutions, taking into consideration the needs of the client / project, individual skill sets, resource mix and the wider needs of the business
- Maintains the Synergist Calendar, provides an accurate and up-to-date view of work allocated vs. resource availability
- Manages conflicting demands on resources, escalating to the Service Delivery Director as appropriate
- Organises and chairs regular stand-up meetings and proactively manages resulting changes to the daily work schedule
- Organises and chairs extended weekly planning meetings and proactively manage resulting changes to the daily work schedule
- Ensures the regular, timely and structured liaison between Client Services/Project Management and Production teams
- Understands the individual skill sets of team members, their experience and personal / professional aspirations and applies this knowledge in resourcing decisions and in maintaining a skills database
Reporting and analysis:
- Analyses weekly chargeable hours figures and alert potential under / over-utilisation to Service Delivery Director
- Analyses business forecasting e.g. available time by day, chargeable hours, upcoming one-working days, etc.
- Analyses resource data and highlight areas of concern e.g. significant periods of holidays, training, non-chargeable activities, time booked to jobs with wrong status / no BP
- Analyses resource forecasting data including leavers and joiners
- Owns other weekly / monthly / ad hoc traffic and resource reporting
- Provides weekly / monthly freelancer forecast updates and consolidations to Finance team
- Provides daily / weekly project budget reports to Clients Services and Project Management teams
- Provides reports to the Service Delivery Director or senior management team on request
- Accurately reports own activity levels through timely completion of timesheets
- Ensures all team time-sheets are completed on time
- Manages timesheet approvals process for teams including required reporting and team communications
- Coordinates timesheet policy enforcement and escalations across relevant teams
Systems and admin
- Ensures Synergist is always up to date and a reliable single point of truth
- Populates website content and testing
- Performs research to support new business pitches and client project work
- Proof reads new content
- Builds estimates in Synergist / perform Synergist job admin for Client Services and Project Management teams.
- Ensures own task documentation is always current and server folders are set up and maintained correctly
- Supports Service Delivery Director duties in their absence
- Maintains a good understanding of technologies, web development technologies and best practices
- Maintains a thorough understanding of production capabilities
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging trends and technologies and their potential within client projects
- Work closely with line manager to maximise own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of LEWIS systems, practices and policies
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- 2+ years relevant professional experience, or a demonstrable adaptability to the role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and to communicate competing demands effectively.
- Proactive communicator and willing to share information.
- Capable of exercising good judgement, knowing when to flag issues and when to deal with them independently
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Well organised, conscientious, detail driven and results orientated.
- Effective planning, organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Leadership skills, able to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent negotiation skills; able to adapt leadership style to deal with different people and environments.
- A passion for digital; interest in latest digital trends, technology and innovation.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Polished and professional appearance