We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have 27 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise Training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
To provide an effective and efficient accounting support to LEWIS’ US Finance, specifically for the Piston division, delivering a high level of service and operational advice consistent with company and legal requirements.
- Senior Accountant – line manager
- Director of US Finance (San Francisco)
- SVP, Piston
- US Finance Team (San Francisco)
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Audit and update monthly billing schedule with the Staff Accountant
- Draft client retainer and project invoices and distribute for approvals
- Prepare client rechargeable expenses lists and distribute for approvals
- Prepare all invoices for distribution (PDF and combined with rechargeable expenses)
Treasury and cash management
- Post incoming client payments daily into SAP
- Prepares “funds in” email summarizing the US daily cash collection
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for the US bank accounts
- Trains and educates non-finance colleagues to ensure finance processes are correctly followed and enforced
- Provides training on finance processes to new non-finance employees
- First point of contact for San Diego staff questions for Finance
- Global timesheet system: support, maintenance, and weekly/monthly reporting
- Assists in managing digital archiving system
- Supports Finance and Operations on driving forward initiatives and projects in the region
- Be a cultural ambassador for the region: promoting initiatives, using Yammer and all social media channels to showcase our activity and upcoming projects etc.
- Contributes to and supports the continuous improvement of Finance systems, practices and policies ensuring they underpin our Company culture
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- At least one year of accounting experience, including internships (preferably within a small/medium sized services business or a public accounting firm)
- Working towards a professional accounting qualification
- Collaborative self-starter with initiative, who is goal driven
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to provide solutions and solve problems
- Proven record of managing projects through to completion
- Good English written and oral communication skills are essential
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Well organized; ability to prioritize; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible team player
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.