LEWIS is seeking an experienced Talent Executive to join the US HR team to lead recruitment of PR, digital and marketing professionals on the US East Coast. With ambitious growth plans, this position is vital for the development of our business. Some travel in the US will be required and there may be occasional travel globally.
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $60m. In the US, our ambition is to double the size of the business to $50m and 300 employees by 2020.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Talent Executive will manage the recruitment cycle from beginning to end. They will create and implement recruitment strategies, partnering with the hiring managers. Key responsibilities will be to fill open positions and to proactively develop a diverse talent pipeline by leveraging social media and job sites to attract high quality PR and digital marketing professionals.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Recruitment and selection
- Searches for, and identifies, suitable candidates for open positions and for the talent pipeline
- Outreaches to candidates and conducts screening calls and/or first interviews
- Organises and attends interviews with the hiring manager(s), manages the project stage, and personally exchanges feedback with the candidate after all interviews
- Manages the use of LEWIS recruitment channels (including Jobvite, LinkedIn and Sitefinity), posting job ads and managing application response for assigned roles
- Coordinates and implements college and university outreach – arranging, planning for and attending recruiting events to directly engage with candidates
- Manages recruitment agency relationships, ensuring that terms are agreed and signed, roles are briefed accordingly and that regular communication and feedback is maintained
- Manages the full offer process (with the associated paperwork - offer letters, employment agreements, security check) as well as all pre-employment checks
- Manages the full process for college recruitment
- Researches potential senior candidates, sharing the search results with the Chief of Staff
- Works with the US HR team and Chief of Staff to maintain an on-going talent map for PR, communications and digital professionals.
- Manages the induction process for all new starters in the office, ensuring a smooth induction into LEWIS
- Issues new starter documentation in a timely manner
- Schedules 6 week and 90 day check-ins with all new starters
- Responds to new starter questions, escalating to the HR Director where necessary.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to ensure employer brand consistency across the LEWIS company careers page and social channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.); and collaborates on marketing activity to attract candidates
- Researches new channels, platforms and job boards for specific roles.
- Works collaboratively to deliver a first-class recruitment service to the business
- Ensures personal objectives are met as well as meeting all deliverable team objectives
- Works closely with line manager to maximize own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Supports with the training and managing of HR interns.
Reporting and analyzing
- Provides weekly recruitment reports for the US stakeholders; and a monthly recruitment report for global reporting
- Supports the HR team on preparing management information/reports for the Board meetings
- Compiles ad-hoc reports and/or analysis as and when required.
- Supports the Talent/HR Team on initiatives and projects
- Runs training sessions on best practice recruitment and interviewing
- Works with the line manager to review and update recruitment policies and procedures
- Ensures all record keeping is complete, up to date and accurate
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- Promotes and helps nurture an excellent culture and is an ambassador for the LEWIS brand.
LEWIS’ Valued Behaviors
Takes ownership for your work, objectives and projects
Reacts and takes quick action when necessary
Accepts and respects differences when working with others
Responds well to feedback and learns from it
Enthusiastic and proud of work and contribution to LEWIS
Acts with confidence and use your initiative
Remains focused and resilient when under pressure
Communicates and listens effectively to clients and colleagues at all levels
Actively seeks out advice or guidance
Positive and optimistic attitude
Identifies solutions to problems
Receptive to changing circumstances
Establishes and maintains a strong personal network of contacts
Eager to learn and applies this to learning to work
Engaging sense of humour and knows how to have fun
Open and receptive to new ideas
Supports colleagues and works well as part of a team
Keen to understand what other teams do in the agency
Cares about and shows commitment to the success of LEWIS
- Minimum of 5 years in full cycle recruitment
- Experience recruiting within the PR industry as part of a recruitment agency or PR firm is highly is highly desirable
- Experienced in managing a varied and changing workload
- Confident and collaborative self starter with initiative
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to providing solutions and solving problems
- Proven experience of multi-tasking projects through to completion
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills as well as a keen interest in social media
- Well organized; ability to prioritize; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Energetic, good-humored, pragmatic - a credible team player
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Key internal contacts
- HR Director (Boston) – line manager
- Senior Talent Executive (San Francisco) – close working relationship with
- HR Co-Ordinator (Boston) - close working relationship with
- Chief of Staff (London)
- Director of Finance (San Francisco)
- Executive Vice President, US (San Francisco)
- SVP PR, West Coast (San Francisco)
- SVPs and VPs leading Boston, Washington DC, San Diego, NYC (tba) and future offices
- SVP, US Head of Brand Marketing (San Francisco)
- SVP and VP Pulse (San Francisco)
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Health insurance; life insurance
- 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.