We are a global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors. Talented people delivering award winning campaigns. Expanding client relationships into new markets or services. Making strategic acquisitions. TEAM LEWIS has won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, PR Daily, Bulldog, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Account Executive is a media-focused role that also provides administrative support to the wider Account Servicing team. The role requires the ability to handle several tasks and projects at any one time, working to meet deadlines and proactively pursuing activity. The Account Executive will develop a clear understanding of the team’s requirements and objectives, be proactive in attitude and supportive to the team at all times.
The Account Executive is seasoned in media relations, client relations, and plays a lead role in delivering major media features for clients, as well as helps to manage the team and lead client-facing interactions. The candidate should have solid social media, technical, and creative writing skills. It is essential that in this role the ideal candidate will take proactive ownership of accounts, overseeing the strategy for media relations focused tasks, assessing accounts overall to develop strategies and tactics, and supporting team members at all levels.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Assists the team with the management of client accounts and projects, helping to establish TEAM LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for marketing and communications services
- Provides creative brainstorming and assists in pitch development to media outlets
- Coordinates communication (including meetings and reviews) with clients, adhering to deadlines and client service level agreements
- Supports the new business process by providing research and coordination
- Assists with the coordination of press tours, events, and review program
- Understands and avidly follows the news agenda, positioning clients and products within context
- Researches and identifies appropriate journalists, bloggers, and analysts on an on-going basis
- Develops media and blogger relationships for self and on behalf of the team
- Monitors relevant news sources and alerts the team to relevant breaking news opportunities
- Develops an understanding of strong news angles and media opportunities, escalating these to more senior team members
- Organizes and coordinates media interviews and press briefings
- Drafts a broad range of written materials including thought leadership, press releases, biographies, briefing documents, media alerts, soundbites, Q&As, backgrounders and boilerplates
- Creates press materials and compelling content for both traditional and digital media
- Creates valuable and insightful briefing sheets to assist clients with their press communications
- Develops and shares knowledge around how to find a good news angle or hook
- Focuses on improving writing ability, adapting and refining style to suit the needs of the client
Digital / Social Media
- Uses social media platforms to expand own network, develop media relationships and positively impact client results
- Provides social media insight as well as execution and management of related digital activity
Team Working and Development
- Ensures personal and deliverable client objectives are met on an on-going basis
- Accurately reports activity levels and regularly completes timesheets to ensure correct allocation of client and team duties
- Escalates general new business requests to appropriate team members
- Works closely with line manager to maximize own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Oversees workflow of junior team members
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
Reporting and Analysis
- Tracks and reports on media activity, including coverage reports, press clippings, online media engagement, showing progress using metrics
- Ensures that all account activity and results are reported back to the Senior Account Executive / Account Manager / Account Director
- Communicates account performance internally at account reviews
- Provides reports to the Account Director or senior management team on request
- Supports the Account Servicing team on ad hoc initiatives and projects
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the TEAM LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at TEAM LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- Roughly 1 year of full-time, previous experience working in a PR, marketing or digital communications environment, preferably in B2B tech or in an agency setting
- Attention to detail
- Proven written ability in English and local languages
- Creative thinking
- Confident presentation skills
- Keen interest in the media: print and broadcast
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Clear interest in current affairs and news agenda
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment, and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
#LI-hybrid San Francisco, U.S.
#LI-hybrid San Diego, U.S.
#LI-hybrid Boston U.S.
#LI-hybrid Washington D.C., U.S.
#LI-hybrid Chicago, U.S.
#LI-hybrid New York, U.S.