We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 25 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
To provide effective and efficient accounting support to LEWIS’ US region, delivering a high level of service and operational advice consistent with company and legal requirements.
- Senior Accountant – line manager
- US Finance Team
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Assist with drafting all retainer invoices for the US region
- Prepare rechargeables summaries for AR invoices
- PDF final AR invoices for client distribution
- Reconcile/audit staff expenses
- Assist with drafting vendor invoices in SAP
- Ensure vendor information in SAP is accurate and upto date
- Assist with vendor enquiries
- Post incoming cash payments
- Deposit customer checks
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Maintain/update timekeeping system with all current clients & projects
- Assist with producing reports for various clients
- Support Finance and Operations on driving forward initiatives and projects in the region
- Cultural ambassador for the region: promoting initiatives, using social media channels to showcase activity and upcoming projects etc.
- Contribute to and support the continuous improvement of Finance and Operations systems, practices and policies.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree (senior year) or recent graduate, in Finance, Accounting, or related major in an accredited university.
- At least three accounting courses successfully completed with a B+ or above.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Well organized, strong ability to prioritize, common sense; a pragmatic approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative self-starter with initiative, who is goal driven
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to provide solutions and solve problems
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible team player
- Ready to work with remote colleagues and teams
- Must be able to commit to at least 16 hours per week for 3 months, or longer
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time. Apply