TEAM LEWIS is looking for a rock-star Art Director to lead the digital creative team for North America. The Art Director will lead high-level concepts and visuals for design projects. The role involves working with internal and external clients, managing a creative team, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. This role will require you to develop hands-on visual designs, and at other times, the Art Director will be responsible for recruiting and managing internal resources as well as contractors.
About TEAM LEWIS
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
Yes, you need to be a great designer, but you also need a few peripheral traits in order to be the perfect fit. This person will need to work with multiple teams and groups and will help grow billable creative work while occasionally supporting internal marketing and brand work for TEAM LEWIS.
This person should have an entrepreneurial spirit, business sensibilities, a sense of humor, an even temper and a desire to get the job done…and right.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Able to effectively translate brand guidelines or create new brand and visual identities for clients into effective creative solutions using design, video, photography and digital content
- Lead and pitch creative sessions, project kick-offs and sell ideas to clients
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our client’s brand strategy
- Establish creative direction for the entire line of online services and programs
- Supervise and inspire the digital creative team
- Work with the account team, strategy team, and copywriters to develop concepts and present to management
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Manage team members as well as a contractors and vendors
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Hands-on execution of digital design projects (websites, infographics, app development), brochures, logos, branding, pitch presentation creative (PowerPoints, eBooks) and other creative deliverables)
- Provide guidance on internal marketing support for TEAM LEWIS in the form of ads, flyers, eBooks, whitepapers, etc.
- At least 5 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and advertising within an agency environment or in-house role
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must have an ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative solutions
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Proficient with software such as Adobe Creative Suite,
- Ability to make evaluative judgments, take feedback and respond in a positive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy!
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
#LI-hybrid Boston, U.S.
#LI-hybrid Washington D.C., U.S.
#LI-hybrid Chicago, U.S.
#LI-hybrid New York, U.S.
#LI-hybrid San Diego, U.S.
#LI-hybrid San Francisco, U.S.