To help continue the dynamic growth trajectory of TEAM LEWIS, we are expanding our growing senior consultant team with the appointment of an Associate Director to help lead the strategic and operational development of the business.
About TEAM LEWIS
We are a global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
At the heart of the business is TEAM LEWIS Foundation. In January 2021, there was a need to respond to the challenges the COVID pandemic brought to communities and charitable organisations. TEAM LEWIS saw that support was crucial and change was needed to make that happen. Our local causes scheme was launched. Every member of TEAM LEWIS can nominate a local cause close to their heart to receive a cash donation. In addition, nominated causes can also benefit from a donation in kind of expertise, time, and resources. In the past year TEAM LEWIS has donated almost $2million to 445 causes around the world. You can read more about TEAM LEWIS Foundation at https://www.teamlewis.com/impact2021/.
Purpose of the role
The Associate Director is a senior lead and sponsor on key Consumer clients led out of our London HQ. The role will provide added-value strategic creative consultancy with a specific focus on campaigns and multi-channel content. The Associate Director will lead, or play a significant role on, new business pitches and onboarding wins. They will drive cascading business and forge strong relationships with senior colleagues across the network to marshal international resources to secure and grow the types of clients the agency is capable of servicing.
- Be a senior lead and provide value-added expertise on key clients, ensuring excellent and profitable service and delivery of results; provide strategic counsel to help retain and grow the clients and consumer portfolio
- Ensure growth in client revenues, reviewing account profitability, taking action as required, and driving plans for optimising revenues
- Identify and secure upsell/cross sell opportunities with existing clients, plus client and services cascade opportunities across the network
- Run executive media relations programmes, including providing media training for senior/c-suite clients
- Ensure excellent client communication and instil accountability for defining KPIs and service agreements
- Promote an integrated communications and multi-channel storytelling mindset to deliver a cohesive service offering to clients
- Contribute to the new business programme and marketing activity; work with the marketing team to promote TEAM LEWIS as a creative leader
- Build relationships with senior prospect decision makers and key intermediaries and influencers
- Take a lead role on credentials and pitches for prospects, developing the strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Help build, retain and develop a high-calibre and motivated team – inspire and nurture a first-class culture in which people can thrive and grow professionally and personally
- Manage and motivate direct reports, setting and reviewing goals; work to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Be involved in employee communications, contributing at office meetings and socials
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the agency’s senior team.
You have experience of growing, developing, and running client service teams and working with Consumer clients, ideally within the tech, travel and ESG/Sustainability sector. You have a campaign and multi-channel approach mindset. Your business acumen is strong, and you have an impressive track record of winning business as well as of retention and growth of existing clients.
- Strong knowledge of the industry, emerging trends and technologies, using this to inform strategy, direction and investment
- Deep understanding of integrated communications; agency experience integrating PR with digital marketing, content and broader marketing activities
- Expertise in consumer; experience in the tech sector would be helpful but not essential
- Won and led international clients
- Successful commercial management
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!