About TEAM LEWIS
We are a global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors. Talented people delivering award-winning campaigns. Expanding client relationships into new markets or services. Making strategic acquisitions. TEAM LEWIS has won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, and Global Digital Excellence.
At the heart of the business is the TEAM LEWIS Foundation (TLF). A non-profit charitable entity, funded by TEAM LEWIS, the TLF makes grants to support individuals undertaking charitable activities and charitable organisations in achieving their goals. The TLF plays a constructive role in promoting social, cultural, economic, and environmental innovation that benefits society. It aims to strengthen the bonds between the communications industry, businesses, governments, and non-profits. In 2022, the TLF granted $700,000 to local causes alone. Community charities are championed by TEAM LEWIS’ employees, who volunteer their time and skills to provide marketing and comms support to maximise the grants’ effectiveness.
Purpose of the role
The Content Manager is a key member of TEAM LEWIS Malaysia, which is postioned to develop an integrated approach to all forms of content across the agency. The content manager will drive best practices across the agency, pushing the boundaries of creative and innovative story telling. At its core, it will be fundamental in delivering the client’s brand and messages. The role will act as an internal content evangelist, a client-facing consultant, a brand journalist, and a contributor to the business. Writing, producing, editing, and campaign planning are integral skills for this role.
- The role will take a lead in developing and managing content creation for the agency in Malaysia, with a view of ensuring that all content has the versatility to work across platforms (where appropriate)
- As a maker, this role is focused on ideation and creation with great speed finesse, and quality. This role requires depth in the ability to string words into stories that inspire and empower, on point and creative.
- Act as the lead and project manager for content marketing campaigns (including, developing thought leadership reports, organic and paid social short-form content, website copy, creative copy, advertising copy, press releases, and opinion pieces)
- Act as an account resource to draft short and long-form content for clients and for internal purposes
- Provides support, advice, and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an ongoing basis
- Build knowledge of business, technology, consumer, and mainstream trends to inform the direction of the content and provide context within writing style
- Develop a strategic viewpoint on content focus, to act as a content strategist for internal and external stakeholders
- Works with account teams to execute content strategies for each campaign, working closely with clients, account leads, and other content stakeholders
- Works cross-functionally with all teams to develop impactful and cohesive content for each client online and in traditional media outlets
- Writes compelling content in a variety of forms, including contributed articles (bylines), press releases, Q&As, blog posts, white papers, case studies, infographics, social media posts and more
- Works with the senior team to train all employees on best practices for writing and reporting
- Understands client’s business goals, and translates their needs into deliverables and actions
- Interviews and develops relationships with key spokespeople, the clients’ customers and partners, and other subject-matter experts
- Identifies creative opportunities within existing accounts, and approaches problems from different perspectives
- Participates in client events to gather information for upcoming content projects
- Attends agency and industry events to network, build relationships, and spread the word about LEWIS’ content offerings.
- Work with teams on developing editorial and content strategies for new business proposals
- Participating in new business meetings to pitch content services and work with prospective new clients to develop content ideas and strategies
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and proactively identifies external training opportunities to enhance skills and develop knowledge across the broader marketing spectrum
- Support all relevant content-related services and educate the wider team on any new content trends
- 5+ years’ experience in journalism, copywriting, or editorial role
- Experience in creating content for digital, social, and editorial. A journalism perspective is a plus
- Proven ability in writing, editing, and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and technology trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers, and online influencers
- You are a digital native, you understand the internet of things and you have an eternal love for consuming and creating clever content
- A collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and independent problem-solving
- Time management and organization
- Acute attention to detail
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Polished and professional appearance
- Experience working with insights and analytics tools such as Locowise, Meltwater, Trackrr, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Similarweb, Firebase, Global Web Index, YouGov, Socialbakers a plus
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.Apply