The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are the values sought in every person at LEWIS. As the company evolves, grows and expands, it wants people who recognise the need to think differently. To understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all our people, whether a paid media specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the wide and deep capabilities available to clients that work with LEWIS. Our people need to be agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborate with colleagues across different services or offices to deliver amazing work; keep learning and challenging the norm; be spirited and committed to develop themselves, their colleagues and the agency.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Account Manager manages the client needs of the digital team following a thorough project management methodology (analysis – proposal – implementation – reporting) and ensures the client is kept fully up to date with critical activity on the account. In addition they take an active role in developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services. The role requires the ability to handle a number of projects at any one time as well as being able to respond quickly to client and team requests.
The Digital Account Manager is able to understand the requirements and objectives of the team, is proactive and supports the team at all times.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Maintains a consultative relationship with the client, acting as the key contact for all marketing and communications services
- Assists the team with the management of client accounts and projects
- Offers thoughtful advice and recommendations to clients and team regarding digital tactics and online opportunities
- Works closely with the client to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional PR, marketing and digital services; including paid activity and creative
- Supports relationships with clients, establishing self and LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for digital communications services
- Responsible for maintaining excellent client communication; defining deadlines and service agreements whilst ensuring these are met consistently by the team
- Participates in the business development process by supporting with pitch preparation and research
- Assists with pricing and selling projects
- Maximises opportunities and outreach to external brands, as well as existing and past contacts, to build new business leads
Digital / Social media
- Takes part in the de analysis of customer communication needs to establish specific digital actions and objective KPIs.
- Intensively monitors the implementation of customer communication actions in the selected digital environments. Worries about fulfilling timings according to the defined strategy.
- Works with the creative content, graphic or development team with the aim of obtaining integrated campaigns and value proposals for current and potential clients. It is responsible of supporting and supplying the team with the client material necessary for the proper development of the campaigns.
- Performs timely and updated monitoring of the metrics obtained in the campaign performance. Reports any eventuality and establishes a first layer of analysis.
- Is responsible for reporting in time to the client all the actions performed, knowing and understanding the metrics obtained and knowing how to contextualize them.
- Ensures that the quality objectives established by LEWIS are met in any deliverable to the customer and ensure that this material meets the customer's needs.
Team working and development
- Ensures personal and deliverable client objectives are met on an on-going basis
- Accurately reports activity levels and regularly completes timesheets to ensure correct allocation of client duties
- Escalates general new business requests to appropriate team members
- Works closely with line manager to maximise own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Sets individual objectives on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Line manages junior account team members, including coaching, supervision and assessment
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client, providing insight and analysis across all aspects of the account
- Communicates account performance internally at account reviews and provides strategic advice to the client based on measurable analytics
- Monitors and reports back on account KPIs and ensures accurate reporting by junior team members
- Provides reports to the senior management team on request
- Supports the LEWIS digital and account servicing team on ad hoc initiatives and projects
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
LEWIS’ Valued Behaviours
Takes ownership for your work, objectives and projects
Reacts and takes quick action when necessary
Accepts and respects differences when working with others
Responds well to feedback and learns from it
Enthusiastic and proud of work and contribution to LEWIS
Acts with confidence and use your initiative
Remains focused and resilient when under pressure
Communicates and listens effectively to clients and colleagues at all levels
Actively seeks out advice or guidance
Positive and optimistic attitude
Identifies solutions to problems
Receptive to changing circumstances
Establishes and maintains a strong personal network of contacts
Eager to learn and applies this to learning to work
Engaging sense of humour and knows how to have fun
Open and receptive to new ideas
Supports colleagues and works well as part of a team
Keen to understand what other teams do in the agency
Cares about and shows commitment to the success of LEWIS
- Strong understanding of the digital / social industry and related platforms
- A persuasive and convincing writing style
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- Creative thinking and an open minded approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven competency in managing a varied workload
- Advanced level of English
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time. Apply