About TEAM LEWIS
We are a global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors. Talented people delivering award winning campaigns. Expanding client relationships into new markets or services. Making strategic acquisitions. TEAM LEWIS has won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, PR Daily, Bulldog, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Marketing Director is a senior strategic and creative client-facing position providing leadership to a team of digital marketing strategists and managers. This person will work with the senior management team to ensure that their office delivers a creative and forward-thinking client service. They are responsible for meeting client expectations and ensuring the client is kept fully up to date with critical activity on the account. In addition, they are responsible for developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services, thereby impacting revenues and income.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Digital / Social Media
- Engages in and ensures a strategic relationship with the client, providing insight and partnership across all aspects of the marketing and communications spectrum
- Responsible for ensuring excellent client communication at all levels; defining KPIs, deadlines and service agreements
- Delivers an added-value consultancy and works closely with clients to deliver campaigns, services, and products across traditional and emerging communications channels, including digital
- Leads the new business process in collaboration with the Business Development Director, making key decisions and playing a crucial role in selling TEAM LEWIS credentials throughout the tender process
Team working and development
- Plan, implement and maintain social media campaigns and projects for TEAM LEWIS clients, creating innovative and targeted opportunities
- Partner with account servicing to develop compelling and impactful content and integrated campaigns for both current and prospective clients
- Measure client growth and impact across the full spectrum of social media channels including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
- Use social listening tools and analytical services to generate insight, fuel social conversation and maximize SEO activity
- Support training for PR professionals and the support teams to develop their digital and social media skills
- Stays up to date on best practices and current trends
Reporting and analysis
- Takes overall leadership responsibility for the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment, and reviews of all team members
- Sets strategic team objectives on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Defines deliverable client objectives and sets standards of excellence for all client activity, driving commitment from all levels of the team
- Monitors team activity levels against budget, increasing fees and negotiating with clients and suppliers where necessary
- Plays a leading role in the new business process, project managing pitch teams and delivering credible solutions to new business challenges
- Acts as leader in guiding colleagues on how to best manage campaigns and projects
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Ensures profitability on all accounts and effectively manages budgets
- Understands and maximizes the impact of client revenues on the business
- Communicates account performance internally and provide strategic advice to the client based on measurable analysis
- Monitor and report back on account KPIs and ensure accurate reporting by junior team members
- Provide detailed reports to the senior management team on request
- Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximizing opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues
- Take a proactive role in promoting the TEAM LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
- Support the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at TEAM LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Overall, be a guardian of best marketing practice
- Highly commercial with strong strategic client consultancy skills gained in a digital agency environment
- Well-versed in social media and the integration of digital marketing into the PR landscape
- A track record of retention and the profitable growth of existing accounts
- Considered, assertive and influential; a strong leader with the skills and aptitude to develop and motivate a team
- Able to provide consultancy on PR requirements as well as broader marketing strategy
- Demonstrable success at securing new business and increasing client revenues
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- Creative thinking and an open-minded approach
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment, and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
#LI-hybrid Boston, U.S.
#LI-hybrid New York, U.S.
#LI-hybrid DC, U.S.
#LI-hybrid Chicago, U.S.