To continue its dynamic growth trajectory, LEWIS is keen to appoint a senior Director with experience in corporate reputation and strategic positioning. This is a highly visible role that will focus on client development to help maximise the company’s business revenue opportunities. With an international mindset and approach, the Director will advise and consult with notable global and regional clients, working with colleagues across the LEWIS network.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help develop and grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organization.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Director will act as a senior lead on key APAC clients, providing added-value strategic consultancy and driving excellent, consistent service for client retention, growth and profitability. They will drive the development of LEWIS’ corporate offering across existing and new sectors, helping the team to deliver strategic brand position, factoring in key institutional and regulatory issues to help shape the direction for clients.
The Director will engage with and grow existing clients and as well as securing new ones, and drive cascading of corporate business across the network. Helping to deliver multi-market credentials, RFIs and pitches, the Director will forge strong relationships with senior colleagues in APAC. They will marshal regional resources to secure, engage and grow clients.
As a member of the APAC senior management team, the Director will act as an active contributor to the success of the business and will champion a collaborative, positive culture. Providing leadership and hands-on development of our people are important in this role.
- Act as a senior touchpoint on key corporate clients, ensuring excellent and profitable service and delivery of results; provide strategic counsel to help retain and grow the clients
- Consult clients on high-level brand strategy, matching LEWIS services and resources to deliver impactful campaigns and value-added insight.
- Understand the regulatory and institutional landscape in which our clients operate, identifying risks and opportunities for growth
- Ensure growth in client revenues, reviewing account profitability, taking action as required, and driving plans for optimising revenues
- Deliver excellent client communication and instil accountability for defining KPIs and service agreements
- Promote a cohesive service offering to clients, acting as a advocate of key services
- Identify and secure upsell/cross sell opportunities with existing clients, plus client and services cascade opportunities across the network
- Lead credentials and pitches for multi-market corporate prospects, developing strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Recommend prospects to be targeted and oversee campaigns to engage with these prospects
- Network to cultivate regional and global senior client decision makers; build relationships with key intermediaries and influencers
- Win, lead, regional and international clients
Team Working & Development
- Excel at leading bright, creative and ambitious people; a collaborative teamworker who is able to instil accountability and empower people to succeed
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!
- Experience in corporate reputation, strategic positioning and behavioural change campaigns
- Strong understanding of integrated communications; experience integrating PR with digital marketing, content and broader marketing activities
- High level of business acumen, including successful commercial management
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience working for an integrated comms or PR agency
- Strategic thinker who enjoys counselling senior clients and devising and running integrated campaigns
- Well rounded brand and communications experience across a multitude a platforms and a variety of sectors and a passion for identifying platforms that move the needle on reputation for clients
- Set an excellent example, being dynamic, fast paced and self-driven
- Mission focussed and commercial, liking to exceed goals, deliver results and make a positive impact
- Charismatic and motivational leader with the aptitude to structure and coach winning pitch and client teams
- Relish business challenges and thrive on an international remit
Key internal contacts and stakeholders
- Head of Regional Strategic Accounts (Hong Kong) – line manger
- SVP, APAC (Singapore)
- Office Heads across APAC (AU, HK, MY, SG, CN)
- Futures Hub Team (Singapore)
- Client Engagement Director (Australia)
- VP, People APAC & EMEA (Singapore)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.Apply