LEWIS is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. Its people, agency and campaigns have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to the growth has been the policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. This is possible because the company is independently owned.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are our values and what we look for in every person at LEWIS. As we evolve, grow and expand, we are commited to being a group that thinks differently. We understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all of our people, whether a digital specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the overall communications ecosystem, and how LEWIS can support clients in achieving their business and communications goals. Our people are agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborative with colleagues across disciplines and offices to deliver amazing work; We are lifelong learners and fearless in challenging the norm; We are spirited and committed in developing ourselves, our teams, and the agency. We value a vibrant and dynamic environment.
About this role
As a part of our growth strategy, LEWIS is seeking an exceptional Director of Insights & Analytics. In this role, you will lead the charge in developing meangingful, actionable insights for LEWIS’ roster of exciting, global clients. You will act as a trusted, client-facing consultant as you develop and effectively execute impactful measurement strategies and identify opportunities to drive innovation on designated accounts. You will guide internal teams and clients with insights that enable them to make data-informed decisions. Supported by analysts, you will coach and mentor to amplify the impact of your personal expertise and ensure career growth for your direct reports. You will guide the holistic analytics process across the spectrum of performance metrics, full-funnel campaign reporting, and forward looking insights connecting client business objectives with campaign activities and making proactive recommendations to improve campaigns. Experience integrating with CRM platforms is a major plus.
This individual will be based in San Francisco or San Diego, working with teams in the US and global LEWIS network. Some travel in the US region will be required, with potential opportunity for global travel.
You are innately curious, energetic, and find great satisfaction in identifying the right questions that will lead to insightful recommendations. Your approach is collaborative and open-minded. Your background enables you to see the full potential of Insights and Analytics to impact the work we do and our clients’ business. Detail-oriented and technically sound, you are firmly committed to quality assurance in all outputs. You are an interpretor of sorts, helping internal and external business leaders understand what the data is saying by simplifying the information into a meaningful story. You listen to stakeholders and hear what they need and why they need it, versus focusing simply on the ask. You believe that data can (and should be) fun! It’s the foundation of everything we do, and you see this as an exciting opportunity to drive results for our agency and clients.
Key responsibilities and tasks
· Establish a strategic relationship with the client(s), providing insight and partnership across all analytical aspects of the marketing and communications spectrum
· Act as an extension of lead account strategist(s), working to map back to cohesive program KPIs across workstreams and inform ongoing strategy
· Work with Channel Leads (Directors, Managing Directors) to develop measurement strategies to define key performance metrics for user behavior and marketing effectiveness based on understanding business objectives, tactics, and the customer journey.
· Act as the insights, analytics, and measurement expert for digital and integrated projects from launch through post-campaign evaluation
· Work with the Insights & Analytics team to develop a customizable framework through which multi-channel account performance can be measured, assessed, and optimized
· Design and develop BI dashboard reporting for clients with ability to identify attribution metrics through the sales funnel
· Ensure excellent client communication at all levels; defining KPIs, deadlines and service agreements
· Mentor team members by showing leadership in the areas of strategy, creative problem solving, work ethic and quality
· Share research findings and best practices across the digital team including customer insight, benchmarking, and industry updates
· Support LEWIS new business efforts when necessary
Key Internal Contacts
· Senior Vice President, Strategic Integrated Accounts – Line Manager
· Marketing Analytics Manager (San Diego) – Direct Report
· Sr. Marketing Analytics Specialist (San Diego) – Direct Report
· Managing Directors, Digital (San Francisco & San Diego) – Close working relationships
· Vice President, Digital (San Francisco) – Close working relationship
· SVPs across functions (San Diego, San Francisco, New York, Boston, and Washington D.C.)
Remuneration and benefits
· Base salary dependent on experience
· Performance related bonus
· 20 days’ vacation per year
· Health insurance; life insurance
· 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.Apply