LEWIS is seeking an experienced HR Generalist/Recruiter in Boston with a focus on employee relations, developing our people and recruiting new talent. This position works closely with the senior leadership team and has a remit across our east coast offices (Boston, Washington DC and New York). There will be regular travel to the US offices.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. Its people, agency and campaigns have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to the growth has been the policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. This is possible because the company is independently owned.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are the values sought in every person at LEWIS. As the company evolves, grows and expands, it wants people who recognise the need to think differently. To understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all our people to have an appreciation of the wide and deep capabilities available to clients that work with LEWIS. Our people need to be agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborate with colleagues across different services or offices to deliver amazing work; keep learning and challenging the norm; be spirited and committed to develop themselves, their colleagues and the agency.
Purpose of the role
To provide effective and efficient generalist HR and recruitment support to the region, delivering a high level of service and operational advice consistent with company and legal requirements. This role will cover the breadth of HR generalist responsibilities, including conceiving and driving projects and initiatives which focus on employee relations. Recruitment will also be part of the role, so this person will need to have a passion for finding and securing top talent.
- Build partnerships with the management team to become a trusted advisor on employee relations including performance evaluation and training and recruitment
- Form and maintain relationships with the wider stakeholders; be a first point of contact and provide sound advice and guidance
- Partner closely with US HR team to ensure cohesive and consistent approach to all employee related matters
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service on employee relations matters; escalating any complex or high risk issues to the US Senior HR Business Partner
- Provide coaching and support to line managers in managing people issues, taking into account policies, law, best practice and precedent
- Manage the full recruitment cycle from active sourcing and interviewing through to offer stages
- Support the hiring managers in defining recruitment needs and create job descriptions
- Use professional networking channels, eg. LinkedIn to source potential candidates and develop/expand your own network for recommendations.
- Ensure the smooth running of development programs (appraisal program, personal development plans, international moves/experiences, etc)
- Support the HR team on programs and initiatives to drive greater employee engagement
- Work with the US Senior HR Business Partner to implement a training program for the region, taking feedback to ensure effectiveness and introducing changes where necessary.
Reporting and analysis
- Compile regular and ad-hoc reports/analysis as required; analyze exit interview feedback and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Be a cultural ambassador for the region: promoting initiatives, using all social media channels to showcase HR activity and upcoming projects
- Regularly attend LEWIS training sessions and pitch rehearsals to enhance skills and develop knowledge of the business and an understanding of PR and digital marketing.
- Act as a member of the local leadership and operational team, providing hands on support and guidance on office related matters
- Strong HR generalist skill set – ideal if gained within a fast moving, dynamic and creative environment e.g. PR, advertising, marketing, broadcast
- Experience dealing with all levels of management and influencing and guiding their decisions
- Experience in recruiting a wide variety of positions and being involved in selection decisions, working with hiring managers during the process
- Several years of experience in managing a wide variety of employee relations issues
- Sound knowledge, understanding and practical application of employment law
- Experience in/enthusiasm for recruiting, especially active sourcing; proficiency on social media
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative self-starter with initiative, who is goal driven; able to provide solutions
- Well organized; ability to prioritize; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible team player
- Empathetic yet business minded
- Grounded approach to dealing with high emotions in the room
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Health insurance; life insurance
- 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time. Apply