The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
To provide effective and efficient regional HR support to the team across all APAC markets. The People Executive will own people operations activities to ensure core administrative tasks are accurate and completed in a timely manner so that the team can focus on business partnering and value adding initiatives.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Is a first point of contact for all basic HR related enquiries, responding in a timely manner and with sound advice/guidance
- Establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure a high quality service is delivered. Become a trusted HR partner.
- Ensures open communication between the Global HR team, sharing knowledge and processes where relevant
- Work closely and take guidance from the regional HR team to implement relevant people programs, frameworks, and policies to improve employee experience and support the business’ growth.
Regional HR Support
- Maintain employee personnel records and entering data into HR information systems for accuracy and compliance
- Track, manage and own employee relations processes relating to all employee leave variations i.e. annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, hospitalisation etc.
- Support operational requirements relating to training & development
- Ensure all HR assets (e.g. secondments/passports guidelines, orientation packs, training, forms) are kept updated, relevant and in line with internal guidelines
- Own and manage exit interviews of leavers, sharing feedback and recommendations where appropriate
- Updates and maintains the org charts for APAC
- Supports on all visa related requirements
- Provides assistance on staff benefits including leaves and insurance/medical claims
- Work closely with the regional HR team to ensure all internal initiatives are managed and implemented accordingly
Recruitment and selection
- Coordinates candidate outreach for junior roles up to Account Manager (or equivalent level); initiating contact junior level talent and coordinating interviews and feedback conversations for all levels
- Researches the candidate market for senior candidates, sharing this with the APAC Talent team
- Manages the use of LEWIS recruitment channels (including Jobvite and LinkedIn), posting job adverts and managing application response for all regional roles
- Coordinates and implements university outreach – arranging, planning for and attending graduate events to directly engage with candidates
- Supports the full offer and contract process and recruitment agency supplied candidates, as well as all pre-employment checks
- Supports the full process for graduate recruitment and oversees the development of the graduate training academy
- Works with the Senior Talent Executive to maintain and on-going talent map for PR, communications and digital professionals
- Manages the induction process (including relevant documentation) for all new starters in the office, ensuring a smooth induction into LEWIS
- Sends out reminders to line managers for mid and end probationary reviews, flagging any concerns to the HR team
- Responds to probation period queries in a timely manner, escalating to the broader HR team, where necessary
- Collate responses and organise face to face check in meetings where necessary, flagging any concerns to the HR team
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to ensure employer brand is consistent across the LEWIS company careers page and social channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- Provides support to HR and Talent colleagues and works with the global marketing team to contribute to employee content for all digital channels
- Researches new channels, platforms and job boards for specific roles
- Works collaboratively with both the immediate and extended teams to deliver a first-class HR service to the wider business
- Ensures personal objectives are met on an on-going basis as well as meeting all deliverable team objectives
- Works closely with line manager to maximise own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Supports with the training of team interns wherever possible
- Supports the Global HR team on initiatives and projects
- Day-to-day, ad hoc and project administrative duties
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- Ensures all record keeping is complete, up to date and accurate
- Promotes and helps nurture an excellent culture and be an ambassador for the LEWIS brand
- Experience across HR generalist skillset and / or talent acquisition. Agency or in-house experience is desirable but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- Experienced in managing a varied and changing workload
- Confident and collaborative self starter with initiative
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to providing solutions and solving problems
- Proven experience of multi-tasking administrative projects through to completion
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised; ability to prioritise; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Energetic, good-humoured, pragmatic - a credible team player
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.