TEAM LEWIS is seeking an experienced and strategic People & Talent Manager for our Western European region, to be based in our Antwerp or Brussels office. Reporting to the VP People, APAC & EMEA, this role will cover Belgium, France and Netherlands across all areas related to recruitment first and foremost. Separately, we are looking for an individual with a HR background in one or more of the markets to help support on internal initiatives relating to the people function. This is a new role as TEAM LEWIS continues on it’s rapid growth trajectory across our EMEA region.
An extremely international opportunity, this role will also form part of the global People/Talent team.
We are an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRvoke, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Recruitment and selection
- Drive candidate outreach for all levels; initiating contact with talent and coordinating interviews and feedback conversations for all levels
- Researches the candidate market for senior candidates, talent track by identifying and building relationships with top senior talent that could add real commercial value and build a pipeline of potential candidates for roles at all levels
- Manages the use of TEAM LEWIS recruitment channels (including Jobvite, BambooHR, LinkedIn and WordPress), posting job adverts and managing application response for all regional roles
- Coordinates and implements university outreach – arranging, planning for and attending graduate events to directly engage with candidates
- Manages regional recruitment agency relationships, ensuring roles are briefed accordingly, regular communication is maintained and manages the full offer process for recruitment agency supplied candidates
- Oversees the full process for graduate recruitment in the region
- Issues offer letters, employment contracts and request referee details, ensuring comprehensive references are taken
- Drive the internal referral scheme
- Build a flexible, skilled pool of freelancers
- Manages (with continual review and enhancement of) the on-boarding and induction process for all new starters in the region, ensuring a smooth introduction into TEAM LEWIS
- Schedules on-going feedback from all recruits throughout the probation period, maintaining regular check-ins where possible and reporting back and reacting to any pertinent findings
- Input to and roll-out talent initiatives created with the global talent team
- Promote and help nurture an excellent culture – help identify areas that require improvement, making recommendations and actioning accordingly
- Track and report on industry recruitment and talent trends
- Advise on and monitor/assess salary levels, rewards and benefits in relation to the industry.
HR Business Partnering
- Develop strong relationships with the WE senior team to understand and identify human resource and talent needs across, recruiting, retention and succession planning.
- Maintain knowledge and analyse trends in compensation and benefits, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Ensure employee personnel records, contracts, benefits, and HR assets are up to date and logged into TEAM LEWIS HR platforms for accuracy and compliance (Belgium)
- Own and manage exit interviews of leavers, sharing feedback and recommendations where appropriate
- Provide guidance and support across staff benefits including leaves and insurance/medical claims
- Work closely with the regional & global HR team to ensure all internal initiatives are managed and implemented accordingly
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service in relation to employee relations matters; manage issues through to resolution
- Anticipate and investigate people related issues and report on findings with recommendations, taking into account best practice, law, policies and precedent, coach and support management accordingly.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to ensure employer brand consistency across the LEWIS company careers page and social channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- Provides support to HR and Talent colleagues and works with the global marketing team to oversee employee content for all digital channels
- Acts as a manager for the TEAM LEWIS careers page, working with the wider HR and marketing teams to maintain an informative and engaging candidate portal
- Liaises with incoming and existing recruitment agencies to maximise the LEWIS brand profile, benchmark competitor salary levels, rewards and benefits
- Researches new channels, platforms and job boards for specific roles
- Supports the Global HR team on initiatives and projects
- Works with the HR team to review and update recruitment policies and procedures
- Provides up-to-date management information and global monthly recruitment reporting
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- Day-to-day, ad hoc and project administrative duties
- Ensures all record keeping is complete, up to date and accurate
- Promotes and helps nurture an excellent culture and be an ambassador for the LEWIS brand
- Recruitment experience at all levels of seniority gained with a contingency recruitment agency or in an in-house recruitment within agency or fast paced environment.
- Fluent in Dutch, French & English
- Track record of success, for example: 1 in 3 jobs placed; high percentage of candidate referrals; evidence of a growing and loyal client portfolio; retainer assignments; reputation in the industry
- Strong social media skills to publicise vacancies and attract candidates, and help build the profile of TEAM LEWIS as a destination agency
- Consultative, natural networker and has competency interviewing techniques
- Creative thinking/“outside the box” mindset in providing solutions and solving problems
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written and presentational skills
- Well organised; ability to prioritise; detail and process oriented; sound judgement
- Energetic, collaborative, confident, proactive, goal driven – a credible leader who is able to motivate.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.