We are a global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors. Talented people delivering award winning campaigns. Expanding client relationships into new markets or services. Making strategic acquisitions. TEAM LEWIS has won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, PR Daily, Bulldog, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for day-to-day media liaison and project management within accounts. As the most media-focused role within the Account Servicing team, a Senior Account Executive will thrive on successfully pitching their clients’ stories to the media. This person integrates social media into PR campaigns and has the necessary skills to communicate effectively with their clients, teams and media contacts.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Assists the Account Managers and Account Directors with the management of clients and projects
- Offers thoughtful advice and recommendations to clients and team regarding media strategy, tactics and media opportunities
- Maintains assigned relationships with clients, establishing self and TEAM LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for marketing and communications services
- Manages communication with select clients and ensures deadlines and service agreements are met consistently
- Participates in the business development process by supporting with pitch preparation and research
- Understands and avidly follows the news agenda, positioning clients and products within the wider news narrative
- Directly pitches engaging content to journalists, bloggers and analysts on an on-going basis
- Assists in the management of press/analyst tours, briefings and meetings
- Reviews and refines campaign programs at a tactical level, ensuring on-going relevance and adapting plans where necessary
- Deploys rapid response to breaking news on behalf of clients, reacting quickly to emerging stories in line with client profiles
- Researches, identifies and approaches appropriate media contacts (eg. journalists, bloggers, analysts) on an ongoing basis
- Identifies and secures standing opportunities such a columns and Q&As with a wide range of industry and national news platforms
- Continually builds a solid understanding of the media landscape across national, regional, industry-specific and vertical channels
- Attends and coordinates industry events with a view to growing and strengthening individual and TEAM LEWIS media network
- Drafts a broad range of written materials including biographies, briefing documents, media alerts, soundbites, Q&As, backgrounders and boilerplates, ensuring a consistent level of high-quality content
- Creates press materials and compelling content for both traditional and digital media
- Creates valuable and insightful briefing sheets to assist clients with their press communications
- Understands and develops knowledge around how to find a good news angle or hook
- Takes a developmental approach to improving writing ability, adapting and refining style to suit the needs of the client
- Works with content specialists to ensure a consistent level of quality for all written content
- Uses insight to create valuable briefing sheets for clients to use during their press briefings
- Reviews content drafted by Account Executives/Account Coordinators, providing feedback and guidance
Digital / Social media
- Uses social media platforms to expand own network, develop media relationships and positively impact client results
- Pitches additional digital content including infographics, animations and video to support written content and client aims
- Uses social media and proactively explores new tools, solutions and processes to continuously evolve and optimize client PR campaigns
- Provides social media insight as well as execution and management of related digital activity
- Works collaboratively with the digital team to increase the utilization of digital services wherever possible
Team working and development
- Mentors and provides advice to graduates and account executives within direct and wider team
- Ensures personal objectives are met on an on-going basis as well as meeting all deliverable client objectives
- Accurately reports activity levels and regularly completes timesheets to ensure correct allocation of client duties
- Works closely with line manager to maximize own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Supports with the training of graduates and interns wherever possible
- Regularly attends TEAM LEWIS training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
Reporting and analysis
- Tracks and reports on media activity, including coverage reports, press clippings, online media engagement
- Reviews reports and metrics prepared by Account Executives/Account Coordinators
- Ensures that all account activity and results are reported back to the Senior Account Executive / Account Manager / Account Director
- Communicates account performance internally at account reviews
- Provides reports to the Account Director or senior management team on request
- Supports the Account Servicing team on a range of initiatives and projects
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the TEAM LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at TEAM LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- Relevant experience of working in a B2B, corporate, consumer or digital communications agency environment at an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive level
- Attention to detail
- Proven written ability in English and local languages
- Creative thinking
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of media: print and broadcast
- Understanding of market research and analysis
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with confidence at board-level with clients
- Proven ability to keep abreast of current affairs and relate them to client situations
- Polished and professional demeanor
The expected salary range for this position is between $61,000 - $94,000. Salary will be determined by factors such as location, experience, and expertise.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
#LI-hybrid San Francisco, U.S.
#LI-hybrid San Diego, U.S.
#LI-hybrid Boston U.S.
#LI-hybrid Washington D.C., U.S.
#LI-hybrid Chicago, U.S.