LEWIS is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. Its people, agency and campaigns have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to the growth has been the policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. This is possible because the company is independently owned.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are our values and what we look for in every person at LEWIS. As we evolve, grow and expand, we are committed to being a group that thinks differently. We understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all of our people, whether a digital specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the overall communications ecosystem, and how LEWIS can support clients in achieving their business and communications goals. Our people are agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborative with colleagues across disciplines and offices to deliver amazing work; We are lifelong learners and fearless in challenging the norm; We are spirited and committed in developing ourselves, our teams, and the agency. We value a vibrant and dynamic environment. We believe that success comes when you’re working AND having fun while doing it. See it to believe it on our Instagram @teamlewisglobal.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist plays a digitally-focused, team and client support role, with an emphasis on social media to start. The role requires the ability to handle a number of projects at any one time, as well as being able to respond quickly to online community and team requests. The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist will develop a clear understanding of the team’s requirements and objectives, be proactive in attitude and supportive to the team at all times. As a Senior Specialist, you’ve most likely seen it, or done it all, on social media – paid, organic or preferably both.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Assists the team with the management of client accounts and projects
- Offers thoughtful advice and recommendations to clients and team regarding digital tactics and online opportunities
- Supports relationships with clients, establishing self and LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for digital communications services
- Coordinates communication with select clients and ensures deadlines and service agreements are adhered
- Participates in the business development process by supporting with pitch preparation and research
Digital / Social media
- Provides social media execution and management of related digital activity, can include, but not limited to, writing content calendars, scheduling posts, paid social media campaigns, and blog management
- Implements and maintains social media communities, campaigns and projects for LEWIS clients
- Partners with account servicing to develop compelling and impactful digital content and integrated campaigns for both current and prospective clients
- Contributes to client growth and impact across the full spectrum of social media channels including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
- Production of social first copy for all channels using appropriate techniques and language relevant to each platform
Team working and development
- Ensures personal and deliverable client objectives are met on an on-going basis
- Accurately reports activity levels and regularly completes timesheets to ensure correct allocation of client duties
- Escalates general new business requests to appropriate team members
- Works closely with line manager to maximize own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Supports with the training of graduates and interns wherever possible
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and team meetings to enhance skills and develop knowledge.
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures that all account activity and results are reported back to the Digital Marketing Manager / Director
- Communicates account performance internally at account reviews
- Provides reports to the senior management team on request
- Supports the LEWIS team on ad-hoc initiatives and projects
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- Previous digital and social media coordination experience, ideally in an agency environment
- Strong understanding of the digital / social industry and related platforms
- A persuasive and convincing writing style
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- Creative thinking and an open-minded approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven competency in managing a varied workload
- Foundational experience with social media listening and management tools a plus
- You love technology, and perhaps even have experience working on marketing for a tech company!
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.