About TEAM LEWIS
TEAM LEWIS is an integrated marketing communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovke, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Digital SEO/SEM Manager consults with clients in all matters to do with search and digital paid media, ensuring that the client is kept fully up to date with critical activity on the account. In addition, the Digital SEO/SEM Manager takes an active role in developing the client relationship by identifying and selling additional added value services. The role may manage junior team members, ensuring individuals are equipped with the right skills, and that the team is working together effectively.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Maintains a consultative relationship with the client, acting as the key contact for all search and paid media services
- Responsible for maintaining excellent client communication; defining deadlines and service agreements, ensuring these are met consistently by the team
- Works closely with the client to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for account organic growth
- Works with the wider digital team to ensure effective budget management
- Plays an integral part in the new business process, taking an instrumental role in generating content and helping with presentation preparation, in addition to attendance at pitches where necessary
- Ensures regular contact with the client is maintained by direct reports and other team members
- Assists with pricing and selling projects
- Maximises opportunities and outreach to external brands, as well as to existing and past contacts, to build new business leads.
- Works closely with the regional team and local market teams to build SEO strategy and roadmap for LEWIS and clients
- Owns and manages local and regional SEO projects
- Determines and prioritises onsite audit, SEO content and link building efforts and resources to achieve monthly KPIs including organic traffic, orders and revenue
- Collaborates and build processes with marketing, RSA, accounts team and other departments across the company
- Regularly analyse and report on SEO performance including traffic, revenue, conversions, rankings - leveraging internal reporting, Google Analytics, Google Search Console and additional 3rd party reporting tools
- Provides the best practices for redesigns, category migrations, site structure, internal linking and site taxonomies that can lead to accelerated organic traffic growth
- Creates safe link building strategies and coordinates with content, merchandising and technical teams to ensure growth in domain authority
- Works closely with SEO software developers (such as Moz) to drive initiatives
- Works closely with PR team to ensure articles, videos and images are prominent in relevant search results
- Stays up to date on best practices and current trends.
Team working and development
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Sets individual objectives on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Provides guidance to colleagues on how to best manage campaigns, including answering general new business requests.
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client, providing insight, analysis and strategic advice across all aspects of the account
- Monitors and reports back on account KPIs and ensures accurate reporting by the team
- Provides detailed reports to the senior management team on request.
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies.
- 3+ years experience in SEO (SEM as a plus)
- Results-oriented mindset and ability to work independently
- Up to date on search engine industry trends, algorithm updates and the competitive landscape
- Knowledge of SEO metrics
- Strong experience in keyword research, safe link building techniques, SEO tools (e.g. Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, SemRush, etc.)
- Strong experience in using Analytics Tools (Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
- Ability and desire to work with big-data & numbers; strong Excel skills (SQL, Python, Power Pivot would be a plus)
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements; ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Proven track record of business results and revenue growth through SEO
- Outstanding project management skills; calm under pressure and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action.
Key internal contacts
- Head of Innovation – line manager
- Strategy Director
- Account Director (Digital)
- SEO Director, EMEA
- Executive Creative Director, Global (London)
- Creative Director, UK
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.Apply