We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
About this role
LEWIS Global Communications is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Talent Manager for its Benelux and France region, to be based in Belgium. This role will lead on recruitment in the region and will form part of the regional People team on matters associated with recruitment and internal talent development, as well as retention. This is a new role to help with the rapid growth demands of the Benelux and France region.
Recruitment across the region and at all levels of seniority is of paramount importance to grow existing offices and expand into new service offerings. Primary recruitment will be of digital communications professionals but there may also be a need to recruit PR, sales and marketing and commercial professionals.
The Talent Manager will work with the regional and global Talent/People team to develop global recruitment and people engagement programmes and practices and pervade them across the global network.
At times, the Talent Manager may be required to assist on recruitment in the other regions, namely the rest of EMEA or UK. Occasional travel in the region will be required.
Recruitment and selection
- Drive candidate outreach for all levels; initiating contact with talent and coordinating interviews and feedback conversations for all levels
- Researches the candidate market for senior candidates, talent track by identifying and building relationships with top senior talent that could add real commercial value and build a pipeline of potential candidates for roles at all levels
- Manages the use of LEWIS recruitment channels (including Jobvite / Bamboo HR, LinkedIn and Wordpress), posting job adverts and managing application response for all regional roles
- Coordinates and implements university outreach – arranging, planning for and attending graduate events to directly engage with candidates
- Manages regional recruitment agency relationships, ensuring roles are briefed accordingly, regular communication is maintained and manages the full offer process for recruitment agency supplied candidates
- Oversees the full process for graduate recruitment in the region
- Issues offer letters, employment contracts and request referee details, ensuring comprehensive references are taken
- Drive the internal referral scheme
- Build a flexible, skilled pool of freelancers
- Manages (with continual review and enhancement of) the on-boarding and induction process for all new starters in the region, ensuring a smooth introduction into LEWIS
- Schedules on-going feedback from all recruits throughout the probation period, maintaining regular check-ins where possible and reporting back and reacting to any pertinent findings
- Oversees the development and implementation of the graduate training academy, working with senior management to deliver a relevant and insightful curriculum
- Develop and run relevant training sessions on, for example: interviewing, talent spotting, networking for talent
- Input to and roll-out talent initiatives created with the global talent team
- Promote and help nurture an excellent culture – help identify areas that require improvement, making recommendations and actioning accordingly
- Track and report on industry recruitment and talent trends
- Advise on and monitor/assess salary levels, rewards and benefits in relation to the industry.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to ensure employer brand consistency across the LEWIS company careers page and social channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- Provides support to People and Talent colleagues and works with the global marketing team to oversee employee content for all digital channels
- Acts as a manager for the LEWIS careers page, working with the wider People and marketing teams to maintain an informative and engaging candidate portal
- Liaises with incoming and existing recruitment agencies to maximise the LEWIS brand profile, benchmark competitor salary levels, rewards and benefits
- Researches new channels, platforms and job boards for specific roles
- Supports the Global People team on initiatives and projects
- Works with the People team to review and update recruitment policies and procedures
- Provides up-to-date management information and global monthly recruitment reporting
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- Day-to-day, ad hoc and project administrative duties
- Ensures all record keeping is complete, up to date and accurate
- Promotes and helps nurture an excellent culture and be an ambassador for the LEWIS brand
Experience and capabilities
- Experience of working for, or with, an organisation which is fast moving, dynamic, creative and growing
- International recruitment experience and experience in recruiting digital communications specialists
- Recruitment experience at all levels of seniority gained with a contingency recruitment agency or in an in-house recruitment role for a comms agency
- Strong social media skills to publicise vacancies and attract candidates, and help build the profile of LEWIS as a destination agency
- Own digital footprint/significant influence
- Collaborative self starter with initiative, who is goal driven
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to providing solutions and solving problems
- Fluency in at least two languages: English, Dutch or French
- Excellent oral, written and presentational skills
- Well organised; ability to prioritise; attention to detail; common sense
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible leader who is able to motivate.
Key Internal Contacts
- HR Manager, Benelux – line manager
- VP, People APAC & EMEA (Singapore) – dotted line manager
- Commercial & HR Manager, France
- EMEA People Team (Germany; Italy; UK)
- APAC People Team (Singapore)
- COO (London)
- EVP, EMEA (Netherlands)
- Chief of Staff (London)
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.