The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
LEWIS is looking to recruit a Talent Manager / Talent Director based in either its San Francisco, San Diego, or Chicago office. Reporting to the VP HR, this role will work alongside others in the HR/Talent team to help drive recruitment in the region, providing support to senior management on recruitment and internal talent development and retention.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow something, thrives on challenges and on working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing global organization.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Recruitment across the US region, and at all levels of seniority, is of paramount importance to grow existing offices and, potentially, open up new offices. This role will recruit across digital communications, PR, new business and marketing and commercial professionals. As this role works with teams across the US, travel to the US offices will be required, once it is safe to do so.
- Leads on the recruitment for mid to senior level positions across all departments and U.S. locations
- Drives candidate outreach for all levels; initiating contact with talent and coordinating interviews and feedback conversations for all levels
- Writes and reviews job descriptions across all levels
- Assesses candidates for skills, proficiency and suitability for job requirements
- Researches the candidate market for candidates, tracks talent by identifying and building relationships to build a pipeline of potential candidates for roles at all levels
- Up-skills and coaches hiring managers in recruitment best practice, ensuring that this is followed
- Leads (with continual review and enhancement of) the on-boarding of new starters, ensuring a smooth introduction into LEWIS
- Schedules on-going feedback from all recruits throughout the initial 90-day period, maintaining regular check-ins where possible and reporting back and reacting to any pertinent findings
- Develops and runs relevant training sessions on, for example: interviewing, talent spotting, networking for talent
- Manages any recruitment agency relationships, ensuring roles are briefed accordingly, regular communication is maintained and manages the full offer process for recruitment agency supplied candidates
- Inputs to, and rolls out, talent initiatives from the global talent team
- Monitors and reports on industry recruitment and talent trends; advises on salary levels, rewards and benefits in relation to the industry
- Manages and mentors a Talent Executive
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to ensure employer brand consistency across the LEWIS company careers page and social channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- Works with the HR team to review and update recruitment policies and procedures
- Provides up-to-date management information and global monthly recruitment reporting
- Promotes and helps nurture an excellent culture and be an ambassador for the LEWIS brand.
- Experience of working for, or with, an organization which is fast moving, dynamic, creative and growing
- 5+ years’ experience in recruiting for digital, PR, or communications industries
- Recruitment experience at all levels of seniority gained with a contingency recruitment agency or in an in-house recruitment role for a communications agency
- Strong social media skills to publicize vacancies and attract candidates, and help build the profile of LEWIS as a destination agency
- Ability to run effective competency based interviews, while supporting recruitment managers to do the same
- Track record of success, for example: 1 in 3 jobs placed; high percentage of candidate referrals; evidence of a growing and loyal client portfolio; retainer assignments; reputation in the industry
- Natural networker
- Collaborative self-starter with initiative, who is goal driven
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to providing solutions and solving problems
- Experience of providing commercial and tactical advice
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written and presentational skills
- Well organized; ability to prioritize; attention to detail; common sense
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible leader who is able to motivate.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.Apply