The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to focus on building and maintaining client relationships, with responsibility for account profitability, excellent client service, cross-selling services and products, and team and people development. Working across the US offices, the role includes ensuring the integration of services from multiple offices.
As the senior performance marketing lead, you will provide strategic planning, guidance, and oversight of all deliverables as needed – including integration with paid social, SEO, SEM, display, marketing automation, and creative. You will be responsible for identifying client campaign goals and objectives, translating those into relevant strategic plans, and enabling team members to execute across a variety of mediums. This includes development and implementation of consistent reporting processes, planning documents, and data-driven tracking to ensure client success. This is a hands-on leadership role, with significant opportunity to cross-train and grow team members across the US Digital team.
A key component of this role is the ability to win, lead, retain and grow accounts by bringing strategic and creative insights to client pitches, proposals and programs. There will also be opportunities on global accounts, working with our EMEA and APAC teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with top-tier clients, provide strategic digital consultancy and initiatives for retention and organic growth
- Ensure the delivery of excellent client service and satisfaction as well as the delivery of consistent standards of excellence
- Address reasons for client dissatisfaction and/or churn and put in place proactive steps to improve the relationship with LEWIS
- Work with the US leadership team to ensure account profitability and revenue optimization to achieve the agreed commercial targets
- Support operational effectiveness of scopes of work, contracts, assignment of resources and account allocation; train up mid-level leadership to take on these responsibilities
- Support in the development of strategies aimed at driving growth for digital across accounts
- Actively contribute to the new business process: help set the strategy; act on leads generated and turn them into tangible opportunities
- Lead on credentials and pitches, developing the strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Build, lead and motivate an ambitious team of digital communications professionals
- Act as a respected leader and line manager: work closely with line reports to maximize strengths and champion professional development
- Share thought leadership and conduct agency training sessions to drive innovation and support the development of team members across functions
- Together with the SVP, US Operations, support in the implementation of resourcing and capacity plans to ensure resources are appropriately matched with the size of the retainer / project
- Ensure that financial and operating processes and procedures are followed and properly executed
- Work closely with HR to attract talent to LEWIS; participate in candidate interviews and projects
- Be a collaborative, encouraging and supportive member of the US management team.
Key areas of expertise
- Proven track record of driving full-funnel demand generation programs that include strategic recommendations to deliver engagement, conversion and pipeline generation
- Expertise in analytics and data visualization, demonstrated ability to architect and oversee implementation of custom measurement methodologies
- Contributes to client growth and impact across email marketing, lead nurture, ABM programs, data management, A/B testing, and landing page development
- Draws on a strong experience with marketing automation and a MarTech stack (i.e. Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot) to counsel clients, and train colleagues in this area
- E-Commerce and B2B technology background desired
You are business minded with long-term strategic vision. You have experience leading digital and integrated teams within an agency or practice. With a strong business network, you have an impressive track record of winning and developing multi-national accounts, as well as of retention and organic growth of existing clients. You are an outstanding leader, with the ability and passion to structure, develop and motivate a strong team. You are comfortable working with large, top-tier brands and presenting to C-suite executives, as well as providing ongoing strategic guidance to clients.
You have intimate knowledge of the digital marketing mix, including social media, content, marketing operations, SEO, SEM, display advertising, analytics, development, and creative. Experience in communications, content marketing and data-driven storytelling is a plus. You are skilled in managing budgets, commercials, staffing and resources. You love what you do and value the importance of fun in the creative process.
- Background working in a communications, digital, advertising or marketing agency with tier one brands, providing C-level executives with strategic digital consultancy
- Experience managing digital and social media for a B2B technology organization
- Experience overseeing full funnel B2B marketing programs; familiarity with holistic reporting on ROI
- Skilled at integrating digital marketing with PR, content and broader marketing activities
- Track record of exceeding goals and driving revenue growth
- High level of business acumen, including successful budget and resource management
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls
- Excel at managing and leading ambitious people; a collaborative team builder who is able to instill accountability and empower people to succeed
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act, taking unpopular stands when necessary.
Key internal contacts
- SVP, Digital (East Coast, Boston) – line manager
- SVP and VP, Strategic Integrated Accounts (San Diego)
- VP, Digital (NYC)/VP, Digital (San Francisco)
- Managing Director, Paid Media (NYC)
- SVP, US Head of Brand Marketing (San Diego)
- SVP, East Coast PR (Chicago)
- SVP, US Operations (San Francisco)
- SVP, US (San Diego)
- VP HR (San Francisco)
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Fully paid premiums for employee health, vision, life and short term disability insurance
- Partially paid premiums for dental insurance
- 401k with 2% contribution match
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.Apply