TEAM LEWIS is seeking a strategic and innovative Vice President, Marketing to lead its internal marketing and communications activity. The role is responsible for the leadership and implementation of the US marketing plan. With an international mindset and approach, the Vice President, Marketing will work closely with colleagues across the TEAM LEWIS global network. This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a rapidly growing independent global organization.
About TEAM LEWIS
TEAM LEWIS is a global marketing agency that inspires and helps brands to grow. We provide the full spectrum of marketing, communications, and digital services to deliver tangible business impact for clients. The company has over 650 people throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
We’ve built on our legacy of working with some of the world’s most innovative technology businesses to create a global marketing agency driven to deliver creative excellence and communications without boundaries. Brand and reputational strategy fuel our desire to transform how businesses devise and execute communications. In any channel. In any medium. On any platform. We call it multiversing. As a wholly owned network of 24 offices, we cultivate a diversity of thought and empower action across geographies and teams.
At the heart of the business is the TEAM LEWIS Foundation. In January 2021, there was a need to respond to the challenges the COVID pandemic brought to communities and charitable organizations. TEAM LEWIS saw that support was crucial. Every member of TEAM LEWIS can nominate a local cause close to their heart to receive a cash donation. In addition, nominated causes can benefit from a donation in kind of expertise, time and resources. In the past year, TEAM LEWIS has donated almost $2million to causes around the world.
Purpose of the role
The VP, Marketing leads US marketing activity. This includes reinforcing the agency’s global brand and developing regional positioning, corporate messaging and external communications. The role drives and delivers both short and long-term marketing campaigns to achieve commercial goals.
- Collaborate on the global marketing strategy and develop the regional strategy to underpin it
- Partner with the US leadership team to develop the regional positioning and messaging in line with global
- Develop, present and help execute US driven campaigns to increase brand awareness and to drive business growth
- Lead and execute activity associated with launching, internally and externally, any new market, product, service, acquisition, including branding, communications and collateral
- Lead the creation (and distribution) of US assets and content such as white papers, research reports, long form content, blogs, thought leadership articles and social content
- Lead one global piece of thought leadership and supporting activity per year
- Identify and lead on PR opportunities for the business, liaising with stakeholders as necessary to draft corporate announcements; ensure the distribution of releases globally
- Support and execute the launch of major corporate news (internally and externally)
- Promote the TEAM LEWIS Foundation, engendering support and enthusiasm for; showcase its work
- Develop and implement a content strategy to ensure high-quality content is regularly produced to support brand awareness and sales; include audience definition and segmentation and channel identification
- Working with the regional new business team, plan and execute a lead nurturing and generation strategy, including ensuring regular outreach to existing clients and prospects
- Collaborate with the Talent team to plan and execute internal and external recruitment marketing campaigns
- Champion the creation and publication of industry-leading award entries and case studies; liaise with account leads and designers to ensure high-quality content and production
- Be responsible for updating the US team, and the wider business, on upcoming activity with guidelines for execution and support
- Analyze and evaluate results and data to make campaign and investment recommendations
- Evaluate, recommend and implement major marketing tools and systems
- Lead and manage the US marketing team: direct, supervise, coach, assess
- Manage budgets for regional activity; ensure investments are made to gain the best possible ROI.
- 8-12 years of experience in a marketing role, ideally with 1-3 at a senior leadership level
- An ability to design and implement winning marketing strategies and campaigns
- Proven track record of performance and impact within a growing organization
- Skilled at winning trust and influencing the C-suite, and driving interdepartmental collaboration
- Credible ambassador; capable of liaising at the highest level within partner organisations
- Exceptional communication ability - speaking, writing, presentation, and influencing skills
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and respond quickly in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- A metrics driven mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with an ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures for continuous improvement
- Experience with CRM Marketing platforms, software, digital marketing tools and techniques
- Experience with paid and SEO tools i.e. Google AdWords & Analytics, WordPress, CSS
- Understanding of social media platforms, analytics tools and techniques.
Key internal relationships
- Global Head of Marketing (London) – line manager
- EVP US (San Diego) – dotted reporting line
- Director, Marketing (San Diego) – line report
- Global Marketing team (US, Europe, Asia)
- CEO (London/San Diego)
- US SEO team
- US Paid Media team
- US New Business team
- US leadership team
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
#LI-hybrid San Diego, U.S.
#LI-hybrid Boston U.S.
#LI-hybrid Chicago, U.S.