About TEAM LEWIS
We are an independent global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a
little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering
award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets and services; making
strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious
awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital,
Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
At the heart of the business is the TEAM LEWIS Foundation (TLF). A non-profit charitable entity,
funded by TEAM LEWIS, the TLF makes grants to support individuals undertaking charitable
activities and charitable organizations in achieving their goals. The TLF promotes social, cultural,
economic and environmental innovation that benefits society. It aims to strengthen the bonds
between the communications industry, businesses, governments and non-profits. In 2021, the TLF
granted $1 million to small and large organizations all over the globe. The goal in 2023 is to grant $5
million. Community charities are championed by TEAM LEWIS’ employees, who volunteer their time
and skills to maximize the grants’ effectiveness.
About this role
As part of our dynamic U.S Digital team, TEAM LEWIS is seeking a Vice President of
Performance & Analytics to develop, lead and own the the agency’s analytics division. Pivotal to
our US expansion, this role will drive revenue growth, provide senior level client consultancy,
grow and lead a team, define and influence long-term analytics roadmaps for our clients, and
guide our analytics tool decisions and next-generation strategies.
In addition, this role will actively engage and lead brainstorming and ideation sessions, provide
actionable, data-inspired insights that drive new and organic business, inform account and
program planning, and deliver KPI-oriented measurement strategies.
Some travel in the US region will be required, with occasional travel globally. Our teams are also
currently hybrid, and go into offices 3 days per week.
Purpose of the role
The Vice President of Performance & Analytics will deliver best in class measurement strategies
and reporting to our clients, and strategic consultancy for SEO. This role will lead collaboration
between account teams (across both PR and digital) and clients to sell and execute on strategic
visions and campaigns; oversee development of project briefs and ensure the formulation and
execution of cohesive measurement strategies. This role will lead and manage the current
Analytics team members across data engineering, performance analytics, and SEO to develop
measures of performance across PR and digital marketing channels and organic search
- Engages in and ensures a strategic relationship with the client, providing insight and partnership
across all aspects of the marketing and communications spectrum, but specifically in
measurement and analytics.
- Working with account teams, develops and maintains strong relationships with top-tier clients,
providing added-value strategic consultancy and initiatives for retention and organic growth.
- Responsible for the development of insights and strategies from data pulled through social and
search analytics tools, digital analytics tools, client data, primary and secondary market research
and business analysis and competitive datasets.
- Translates insights into creative marketing strategies; transforms consumer insights into reports
and strategic plans.
- Oversees, directs, manages and supports execution and delivery of advertising performance,
website analytics, social media engagement analytics, customer segmentation, survey design
and analysis, ROI modeling, lifetime value analysis, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis
and brand research.
- Packages and communicates research findings, insights and strategic recommendations –
written and verbal.
- Contributes to TEAM LEWIS’ thought leadership around analytics, creativity and innovation.
Represents TEAM LEWIS as an expert at industry events and participates in the insights and
analytics speaker circuit.
- Serves as a champion of trends and intelligence: monitors market, cultural and social trends and
interpret impact on behavioral shifts relevant to client business; proactively communicate updates
and findings to client teams, accompanied by actionable insights and tactical recommendations.
- Contributes to the development of tools and techniques that will reduce barriers to advancing the
use and increasing the sophistication of analytics across the US client base.
- Researches, gathers and evaluates qualitative, quantitative, and competitive data to identity and
validate opportunities and deliver insights in a compelling yet digestible way.
- Leads the creation of measurement and testing frameworks, dashboards and scalable reporting
solutions for clients.
- Takes an active role in the new business process, key decisions and plays a crucial role in selling
TEAM LEWIS credentials and analytics capabilities throughout the tender process.
- Acts as leader in guiding the team on how to best manage reporting and analytics deliverables
- Acts as a respected senior leader, working with senior management and other peers for strategy
development and execution planning.
- Builds and retains a high caliber and motivated team with diverse talent.
- Work with senior leaders to author white papers and other industry thought leadership.
The ideal candidate is strategic, versatile and insights-driven; someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, international environment. You have experience of working at a senior level in an Analytics or Strategy department at a digital, PR or integrated communications agency, implementing and executing on all aspects of marketing strategies. You are ever curious, passionate and constantly strive to produce exceptional work. You are driven to continue learning about your chosen field to enhance and expand the work that you can produce. Inherently collaborative, you engage your colleagues to achieve success for employees, clients and the business. High energy and dedicated, you are able to work to tight deadlines to get the work done. You are a strong self-manager and able to strategically sift through your priorities to identify what matters most. You’re a role up your sleeves / shoulder-to-shoulder trainer with you team, unafraid to jump into provide hands on support, while knowing when it is best to zoom out and empower your team.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and driving revenue growth in the area of analytics; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment.
- High level of business acumen, including successful commercial management.
- Ability to lead and motivate an ambitious team of analytics professionals across all levels.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls.
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act, taking unpopular stands when necessary
- Experience of working in a communications agency working with tier one brands and providing C-level executives with strategic consultancy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Experience writing clear and concise presentations summarizing data, insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way for teams and clients
- Experience distilling complex and high volumes of data into simple KPIs and data visualizations / dashboards / scorecards
- Deep experience working with relevant measurement tools (i.e Looker/Google Data Studio, Tableau, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics) with the capability to work with a multitude of data sources and data languages (i.e. SQL, LookML)
- Can confidently analyze earned media performance working with monitoring tools such as, but not limited to: Meltwater, MOZ, SEMRush, Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Spredfast, Traakr
- Can confidently analyze organic social and paid media performance across channels such as: Google Ads, YouTube, LinkedIn, Meta, Twitter/X, programmatic, CTV
- Experience working with CRM and Marketing Automation platforms (i.e. Marketo, Salesforce, HubSpot) a plus
- To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in delivering quality work for clients/brands, be a team player and a motivator and demonstrate the ability to get the job done
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
The expected salary range for the VP Performance & Analytics position is between $160K - $210K. Base annual salary is determined by factors such as location, experience, and expertise.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.Apply