Skip to main content
LEWIS

Company

Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer

Office

Madrid

Services


Mission

Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer (AECC) is one of the main associations fighting against cancer in Spain and carry out local activities. Support from LEWIS will focus on the activities in Belmez (a little Andalusian town) and the help AECC provides to the town.

The charity funds scientific research and provides support to patients throughout their illness. 90% of the work that the association does in Belmez is centered on fundraising activities to allow the charity to continue investing in research and patient support. The remaining 10% is dedicated to:

  • Providing patients with advice and support during the illness
  • Transporting patients daily from the town to the closest hospital
  • Organizing open talks to promote healthy lifestyle choices and provide education on early cancer detection

Why it matters

Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer has a close connection with LEWIS team member Marina Obrero Portillo. Her cousin has had leukaemia for many years. Fortunately, he is doing well and we have always felt supported by the association. Since then, Marina and her family have always collaborated with the association.

LEWIS is proud to support Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer through its Causes program.

Get in touch