Maynard Webb’s latest book, Dear Founder, contains practical letters of advice to guide founders on the path to success. Webb enlisted team LEWIS to generate exposure and conversation around his book. LEWIS constructed a comprehensive media and event-focused PR program to increase the impact and reach of Dear Founder.
The team created a broad media strategy that included story generation, targeted events, and rapid-response media. LEWIS arranged a “Lunch and Learn” with Connie Guglielmo to discuss the book and reach a wider CNET audience. To provide further insight into Maynard’s career and the content of the book, the team arranged a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” online event. Both of these events gave audiences greater access to Webb and spurred conversation around the book. The PR team secured book excerpts, interviews, and created social media content to support media coverage.
Team LEWIS was able to elevate Maynard’s platform as a “leader of leaders,” secure media attention, and create audience engagement for the launch of Dear Founders.
- 18 media interviews in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City
- 27 stories in top tier tech, business, and consumer media outlets
- 10 pieces of contributed content opportunities
- Secured an ongoing monthly advice column in Fast Company
- Fireside chat with Howard Schultz
- Fireside chat at the Dreamforce Women’s CIO Network event