Oakley introduced a stylish yet functional line of women’s active wear. Our goals were to help position Oakley as the leading active lifestyle brand among females, while simultaneously promoting the product launch and driving traffic to retailers online. Our greatest challenge was establishing a genuine connection with this demographic – an audience wary of the “hard sell” and hyper-conscious of style.
We took a participatory, philanthropic approach that would appeal to this demographic. Via a variety of interactive rich media banners as well as social widgets, we encouraged female consumers to share the sports they played, why they played them, and when they preferred to do so. For each submission, Oakley donated a dollar to the Young Survival Coalition up to $10,000. Additionally, the results were displayed in a series of real-time “infographics,” which represented an aggregate of all submissions. Alongside the infographics were cross-promotions for the collection, which allowed users to click beyond the banner and shop.
- In just months, the campaign garnered nearly 90,000 submissions
- Overall click-through rate (CTR) was 160% higher than industry average
- Overall interaction rate was 102% higher than the industry average
- The average interaction time was more than 11 seconds
- Oakley.com and featured retailers experienced a spike in conversions thanks to high engagement and seamless product tie-ins