We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Office Coordinator is responsible for managing the general operations and facilities in the office, ensuring the office is fully operational during working hours. The Office Coordinator is involved in the organization of LEWIS events and the booking of travel and accommodation (both domestic and international) for colleagues and guests. This role also provides key support to the HR teams and ad hoc projects and activities for the account servicing teams.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Reception desk management
- Open and close the office and ensure that it is fully operational during office hours
- Manage the main switchboard, transferring calls and taking accurate messages where necessary
- Meet and greet clients and guests positively and make them feel welcome
- Responsible for catering and consumables for the office, meetings and events
- Manage couriers, post and taxis
- Appointing, training and managing interns and graduates on front desk duties
- Managing and organising front desk cover in periods of absence, lunch, holidays, sickness etc.
- Managing meeting room diaries and the coordination of internal and external meetings
- Managing the general operations and facilities of the office, including stock supplies of stationery and consumables, repairs, machines and office move etc.
- Manage external contracts including cleaners, franking machine, stationery, taxis, couriers and groceries ensuring we are getting the best service for the best price
- Organise the logistics of any assigned office initiatives and events
- Ensure meeting room calendars are kept updated
- Ensure all Operation materials (e.g. Euston Manual, Emergency Front Desk Manual, Phone lists etc.) are kept updated and shared with the Euston team
- Research and book hotel rooms, taxis and flights for colleagues and international visitors
- Book couriers and ensure post is sent and received in a timely manner
- Ensure that all visitors under the passport / secondment scheme have an agenda set up
- Promote meetings including the office monthly meeting, Friday meetings and Rise & Shine sessions
- Ad-hoc admin support
- Support the HR/Talent Team in various initiatives and projects, as and when required
- Support the Global Project Manager and General Operations Director in periods of absence or as and when required
- Support the HR, Marketing, Client Engagement and Account Servicing teams with any ad-hoc tasks
- Be a cultural ambassador: promoting initiatives, using Yammer and all social media channels
- Proactive and ongoing communication with all stakeholders and line manager
- Contribute and support the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies ensuring they underpin our Company culture
- Acts professionally across the agency and represents LEWIS positively
- Act with discretion, understanding the importance of being confidential with highly sensitive information
- Fluent English speaker
- Strong coordination and communication skills gained in customer-facing role (e.g. HR, recruitment, PA, receptionist, operations support).
- An awareness of people and the ability to adapt your behavior to the needs of each individual you encounter
- Ability to be calm under pressure and deal with competing deadlines
- Experience dealing with highly confidential information with discretion
- Educated to degree level
- Experienced in managing a varied and changing workload
- Confident and collaborative self starter with initiative
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to providing solutions and solving problems
- Proven experience of multi-tasking administrative projects through to completion
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel, Word and Power-point skills as well as a keen interest in social media
- Well organised; ability to prioritise; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Well presented, energetic, good-humoured, pragmatic - a credible team player