We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
To provide an effective and efficient finance support to the US finance team, delivering a high level of service and advice consistent with company and legal requirements.
- Senior Accountant – line manager
- US Finance Manager
- US Finance Team
- External parties: suppliers
Key responsibilities and tasks
Treasury and cash management
- Prepares daily “funds in” email summarizing the US daily cash collection
- Assists with posting incoming and outgoing cash onto SAP
- Deposits customer checks on a daily basis
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Maintains vendors in SAP including obtaining W-9’s, vendor bank information and annual 1099 compliance
- Drafts vendor invoices in SAP
- Prepares US biweekly vendor payment runs for approval by Finance Manager
- Prepare checks for authorization, processes vendor payments using online vendor portals and telephone accounts as required.
- Ensures creditors ledger is kept tidy with all BPs accurate and fully reconciled
- Reconciles/audits staff expenses for US staff
- Processes corporate Amex transactions ensuring proper documentation of receipts
- Main point of contact for all vendor inquiries
- Assist with drafting all retainer and project invoices for the US region
Adds new project and task codes onto T@W system and maintains current data
- Runs weekly and monthly reports for various markets as requested by internal customers
- Is a backup point of contact for T@W system queries
- Manages physical and digital archiving system
- Supports line manager on initiatives and projects e.g. SAP Maintenance, employee expenses
- Is a cultural ambassador for the region: promoting initiatives, using Yammer and all social media channels to showcase our Finance activity and upcoming projects, etc.
- Contribute to and support the continuous improvement of finance systems, practices and policies
- Ad hoc projects as required, including back up office management support
- One to three years of accounting experience (preferably within a small/medium sized services business or a public accounting firm)
- Working towards a professional accounting qualification
- Collaborative self-starter with initiative, who is goal driven
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to provide solutions and solve problems
- Proven record of managing projects through to completion
- Good English written and oral communication skills are essential
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Well organised; ability to prioritise; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible team player
This position is on a temporary assignment for approximately eight months, with the possibility to extend to a longer assignment or permanent status. Part time and full time applicants will be considered.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.