LEWIS Global Communications is seeking an enthusiastic Intern for its Brussels office.
Date: 7 January 2019
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The internship is a media focused role that also provides administrative support to the wider Account Servicing team. The role requires the ability to handle a number of tasks and projects at any one time, working to deadlines and proactively pursuing activity. The intern will develop a clear understanding of the team’s requirements and objectives, be proactive in attitude and supportive to the team at all times.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Assists the team with the management of client accounts and projects, helping to establish LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for marketing and communications services
- Coordinates communication (including meetings and reviews) with clients, adhering to deadlines and client service level agreements
- Supports the new business process by providing research and coordination
- Assists with the coordination of press tours, events and review programs
- Understands and avidly follows the news agenda, positioning clients and products within context
- Researches and identifies appropriate journalists, bloggers and analysts on an on-going basis
- Develops media and blogger relationships for self and on behalf of the team
- Monitors relevant news sources and alerts the team to relevant breaking news opportunities
- Develops an understanding of strong news angles and media opportunities, escalating these to more senior team members
- Organises and coordinates media interviews and press briefings
- Drafts a broad range of written materials including biographies, briefing documents, media alerts, soundbites, Q&As, backgrounders and boilerplates
- Creates press materials and compelling content for both traditional and digital media
- Creates valuable and insightful briefing sheets to assist clients with their press communications
- Develops and shares knowledge around how to find a good news angle or hook
- Focuses on improving writing ability, adapting and refining style to suit the needs of the client
Digital / Social media
- Uses social media platforms to expand own network, develop media relationships and positively impact client results
- Provides social media insight as well as execution and management of related digital activity
Reporting and analysis
- Tracks and reports on media activity, including coverage reports, press clippings, online media engagement, showing progress using metrics
- Ensures that all account activity and results are reported back to the Senior Account Executive / Account Manager / Account Director
- Communicates account performance internally at account reviews
- Provides reports to the Account Director or senior management team on request
- Senior year student or young graduate in a communications or marketing related field of study
- Attention to detail
- Proven written ability in Dutch, French and English
- Creative thinking
- Confident presentation skills
- Keen interest in the media: print and broadcast
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Clear interest in current affairs and news agenda
The internship is not paid.
Send us your resume & motivation letter to Delphine.DePauw@teamlewis.com