Our small but mighty team served clients in numerous industries including MarTech, cybersecurity, consumer goods, energy, SaaS, financial services, and not-for-profit. We completed over 65 research projects and surveyed over 25,000 respondents across 30+ countries.
Some of our most memorable projects from the year were:
- Schneider Electric – a survey of over 1,100 US IT decision makers on edge computing that garnered 7 unique media placements within the first month of release
- Converse – a global survey of Converse’s All Star Community on the state of the creative industry; the results were debuted during Brandweek by Converse’s CMO
- Ping Identity – a global survey of 3,400 consumers on preferences in digital experiences
- Movable Ink – a global survey of B2C marketers on the impacts and challenges of AI in marketing
- Digital River – a global survey of 3,000 consumers on AI, emerging tech, and omnichannel shopping that received 10 unique pieces of coverage after release
- Axonius – a global survey of US IT and security decision makers on how their teams are navigating resource challenges and their plans for 2024
- HeForShe – our annual global survey for International Women’s Day, this year focused on how women are overcoming barriers in STEM, work, and online
Several brands including Converse, Schneider Electric, and Ping Identity opted to work with the talented creative team here at TEAM LEWIS to extend the life of their thought leadership research with whitepapers, infographics, social cards, and even videos.
We also launched our omnibus survey offering this year. We conduct these surveys for TEAM LEWIS clients and prospects on a quarterly basis. Omnibus surveys are a cost-effective way for brands to gather their own primary data and insights from stakeholders quickly. This year, we explored consumers’ perceptions of AI, sustainability, social media regulations, and more. One of our clients, o9, developed a landing page and whitepaper based on their omnibus questions this year. These assets are a fantastic example of how our clients have been able to get mileage out of just a few survey questions.
Our team leveraged other market research methodologies on several projects such as brand awareness surveys, marketing tonality reports, social listening reports, and influencer identification. In addition to client work, we also ran a survey of marketers and communications professionals as part of TEAM LEWIS’ Future of AI in Marketing report. We found that most US marketers report using AI for marketing activities, most commonly for social media management, email marketing, SEO, and data analysis. Most marketers think that AI has had a positive impact on their marketing efforts, and they say that marketing professionals will need new skills like data analysis expertise to properly leverage AI. Notably, three in five marketers think that AI will replace creatives in marketing in the next 2 years, but over half think that human expertise is most important for getting the most value out of AI.
Looking ahead to 2024, we are excited to help brands continue to leverage the power of research to ensure that they are making data-driven and educated decisions and positioning themselves well in their industries.