Already set up on TikTok? Download our latest TikTok Guide ‘Become a TikTok Marketing Master‘ to create a winning strategy.
Brands can manage their shop, inventory, orders, promotions, creator partnerships and customer service all through the TikTok Shop platform.
4 tips for using TikTok Shop:
- Categorise your products neatly and accurately: Optimising your product catalogue will help you attract buyers. It increases the chance that your video content, and your product listing, will be recommended by TikTok when a someone searches for a keyword related to your product.
- Super charge your product descriptions: Write SEO– friendly product descriptions with keywords. Engage your audience and talk about the problems that your products solve. For example, when Fenty’s customers asked if its Lip Paint would dry their lips out, Fenty combatted this by mentioning multiple times that the product doesn’t do this in its product description.
- Promote, promote, promote: Tell your followers about your TikTok Shop by creating a few videos that show them how they can access your shopping tab and the range of products that you offer. Promote your products in your posts, feature them in your live streams and hero products in your bio. Get creative to ensure that your product promotions stand out, engage and don’t bore. 44% of daily TikTok users want branded content to be fun and entertaining. Focus on creating content that makes shopping exciting and entertaining.
- Work with influencers: Give TikTok content creators full creative licence over promoting your products. They’ve built their own personal brands by understanding TikTok’s culture and community. Trust them to take your brand in a new direction and put their own creative spin on your products.
Here’s a few things you need to remember:
- Focus on quality, hi-res product images that reflect your TikTok aesthetic. Showcase your products in a way that makes them as appealing as possible to your target audience.
- Be aware of character limits when naming products. Keeping them effective in under 34 characters is an art. Keep it accurate, concise and include key information around any of the product types, features, quantity and size.
- Don’t include marketing messaging or promotional information in the product title – keep it as factual as possible.
- And don’t forget clear, high-resolution, and presentable photos showcasing your product from different angles, and in a situation of practical use.
Need some more support with your TikTok strategy? Download our latest guide ‘Become a TikTok Marketing Master‘