From me, on behalf of the entire world, we’re so glad to meet you.
To welcome the new year, it’s time to chat about infographic! and specs to fit 2022’s . Keep reading for these channel specifications and download our
From virtual event countdowns to live online shopping, it’s no surprise that the world wide web of keeps evolving. Images and videos continue to be the driver for brand identity and engagement. With this comes a continuous shift in the way marketers and consumers alike form relationships with . Evolving community guidelines, new app capabilities, changes in influencer marketing and new public health mandates — content creation on social, as well as the ways our audiences consume our content, are adjusting to the signs of the time. So should our .
If you’re a marketer fine-tuning your 2022 social strategy, this one is for you.
Looking for increased engagement, reach or a boost in brand awareness on your Twitter channel? Images are your way to go.
It’s no secret that any form of social post performs best with visuals and this has never been truer for this fast-paced platform. Fortunately for us, #TwitterCropIsGone made major headlines earlier this year to remove the despised automated cropping of vertical images.
no bird too tall, no crop too short
introducing bigger and better images on iOS and Android, now available to everyone pic.twitter.com/2buHfhfRAx
— Twitter (@Twitter) May 5, 2021
Win the race of the quickest feed with these optimal sizes:
- : 400 x 400 px
- : 1200 X 628 px
- Video Thumbnail: 640 x 360 px
- Header Photo: 1500 x 500 px
- Max File : 5 MB
- File Type: JPG, GIF, PNG
: 1200 x 675 px (recommended, but most images with standard aspect ratios will not be cropped)
- Two Images: 700 x 800 px
- Three Images: 700 x 800 px, 1200 x 868 px
- Four Images: 1200 x 600 px
- Max File : 5 MB – photos, 5 MB – GIFs on mobile, 15 MB – GIFs on web
- Recommended : 16:9
I don’t know about you, but Instagram continues to surprise me with its rolling updates. One day I can purchase that blouse I’ve been eyeing right from my feed and the next day I’m warming up my dance moves for Reels. As our favorite continues to update and evolve its capabilities, one thing is certain: our strategy should update with it.
Fall in line with the ‘gram’s guidelines with these sizing recommendations for both organic and paid — and be sure to keep that in check to avoid pesky cropping!
- Photo Thumbnail: 161 x 161 px
- : 1080 x 1080 px, 1:1 aspect ratio
- Vertical : 1080 x 1350 px, 4:5 aspect ratio
- Horizontal : 1080 x 566 px, 16:9 aspect ratio
My morning routine usually consists of rolling over to — admittedly — check Instagram. Like many others, I’ll view Stories before giving my feed a quick scroll. This means your brand’s IG Stories need to be on their A-game with the perfect in mind for your next : for sleepy eyes, as they might be the first thing your audience sees when they start their day. Keep this
- Instagram Stories: 1080 by 1920 px
- : 9:16
- Max File : 4GB
This past year, Instagram announced Instagram Video, a merge of IGTV and feed videos.
View this post on Instagram
With video content in one single destination, it’s time to bolster your IG strategy with video marketing! Of course, you will definitely want to follow sizing best practices.
- : 1.91:1 to 9:16
- Minimum Frame Rate: 30 FPS
- Max File : 650MB for videos under 10 mins, 3.6GB for videos up to 60 mins
- Length: 15 seconds – 1 hour
- : 420 x 654 px
Let’s talk about Reels, BABY! Saving the TikTok v. Reels debate for another day, let’s chat guidelines. These fun and vertical videos are designed exactly like Instagram Stories.
- Instagram Reels: 1080 x 1920
- : 9:16
Keep in mind, these videos cap at 60 seconds — so it’s best to keep them short and sweet.
Lastly, the good ol’ profile pic. For your brand’s sake, keep it simple and recognizable with your logo. So, what’s the perfect ?
- : 110 x 110 px
- : 1:1
After nailing your images for your organic Instagram strategy, let’s chat paid specs. If your audience is big on Instagram, you want to capture their attention quickly before they scroll past your ad without a second thought. Here are paid Instagram ad specs that you’ll want to follow.
- Instagram Feed Ads: 1080 by 1080px, 9:16 aspect ratio
- Instagram Stories Ads: 1080 by 1920px, 9:16 aspect ratio
- Instagram Explore Ads (square): 1936 by 1936px
- Instagram Explore Ads (landscape): 600 by 315px to 1936 by 1936px
- Instagram Explore Ads (vertical): 600 by 750px to 1936 by 1936px
One of the fastest-growing with over 2 billion downloads, TikTok presents one of the greatest ways to leverage user-generated content. Not to mention — a new generation of influencers has taken brand awareness even further.
TikTok videos are usually created natively on the platform, but for those times you are working with an influencer or want to upload a more polished video, follow these recommendations and keep those videos vertical:
- File : no larger than 287.6 MB, no larger than 500 MB for ads
- TikTok Videos: 1080 x 1920 px
- File Type: MP4, MOV
- TikTok Video Ads: 540 x 960 px
- Ad File Type: MP4, MOV, MPEG, 3GP, AVI
- : 9:16 (recommended), 1:1 or 16:9
- Video Length: 15 – 60 seconds
With 1.8 billion active users per month, Facebook has dominated the digital landscape as the world’s largest . Whether it’s creative for ads, event promos or Facebook’s new fundraiser feature, make sure your images or social cards stand out on your target audience’s feed with these recommended sizes:
- Facebook : 1200 x 630 px
- : 1200 x 628 px
- : 1920 x 1005 px
- : 180 x 180 px
- : 820 x 312 px
- Facebook Stories: 1080 x 1920 px, 9:16
- Fundraiser : 800 x 300 px
Next up, we have Facebook Ad image sizing. With so many different advertising capabilities on FB, it’s important to note the sizing and best practices behind your chosen creatives.
- News Feed Ads, Marketplace Ads and Messenger Ads: 1200 by 628px
- Collection Ads: 400 by 150px
- Carousel Ads: 1080 by 1080px
- Video Ads: 16:9 or 9:16, 4GB Max
As the largest professional network, LinkedIn is a great platform to highlight the inner workings of your organization and the best parts of your brand — your people! Therefore, your images should be up-to-par. Follow these guidelines to elevate your business’ presence on our favorite networking site:
- : 1192 x 191 px
- Post Images or Link: 1200 x 627 px
- Company Logo
: 300 x 300 px
- File Type: PNG, JPG, GIF
- Max File : 4MB
Next up, we have LinkedIn Ad sizing. With very targeted and competitive advertising capabilities, utilizing the right or video sizing can make or break the impact of your paid ads.
- Sponsored Content / Single Image Ads: 1200 x 627 px, 1.91:1 aspect ratio
- Text Ads: 100 x 100 px
- Dynamic Ads Follower Format: minimum 100 x 100 px for JPG or PNG
- Dynamic Ads Spotlight Format (company image): minimum 100 x 100 px for JPG or PNG
- Dynamic Ads Spotlight Format (background image): 300 x 250 px
- Dynamic Ads for Talent Media (logo): minimum 100 x 100 px for JPG or PNG
- Dynamic Ads Content Format (logo):minimum 100 x 100 px for JPG or PNG
- Dynamic Ads Content Format (document preview): max five images 81 x 104 px
- Carousel Image Ads: 1080 x 1080 px with a 1:1 aspect ratio
- Video Ads (landscape): max 1920 x 1080px, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Video Ads (square): max 1920 x 1920px, 1:1 aspect ratio
- Video Ads (vertical): max 1080 x 1920px, 9:16 aspect ratio
You may only think of video when it comes to YouTube, but your YouTube profile is a great space to highlight your brand via static imagery.
- Profile Picture: 800 x 800 px
- Cover Photo: 2048 x 1152 px
- Video Thumbnail: 1280 x 720 px, 16:9 aspect ratio
For more image insights, check out our handy-dandy cheatsheet below. Go one step further and print it out for your makeshift home office — see you next year in 2022!
From content marketing to strategy and more, we do it all. Reach out to us today!